World Quality Report 2022-2023 Findings and Key Takeaways
World Quality Report 2022-23
Are you curious about the latest developments in the world of quality assurance? With the World Quality Report 2022-23, you can get an in-depth look at the current state of quality assurance, from industry trends to emerging technologies. Read on to learn more about this comprehensive report and what it can tell you about the future of QA.
World Quality Report 2022-23 Overview
The World Quality Report is an annual report published by Capgemini and Sogeti that focuses on the state of the quality management industry. It surveys over 1 000 CIOs, IT directors, and other senior IT executives from companies across multiple industries from 32 countries to explore how their organizations approach quality assurance and software testing.
Over the last 14 years, the report also considers industry trends and provides insights into how organizations can improve their quality processes. In addition, it offers guidance on the latest technologies and best practices for ensuring high product quality.
Key takeaways include:
- Ensure adequate orchestration of quality activities in and across agile development teams.
- Invest in resources such as training and personnel.
- Embracing agile methodologies for reducing time-to-market for new products and services.
- Fully integrate end-to-end quality and test automation in the IT development process.
- Equip quality experts with the latest and most innovative quality technology.
- Give more attention to test infrastructure and test data provisioning.
- Define, track, and monitor the right set of quality indicators.
- Increase the technological and domain skill levels of the quality teams.
- Impact on the quality of emerging IT technologies, such as the metaverse, blockchain, and virtual reality.
- Customer experience, time to market, security, and cost are the core objectives of quality assurance.
Key Finding: The role of quality in value stream management
Until recently, the value that software development, and by extension software quality, brings was visible only to CIOs, IT professionals, or developers. This is no longer the case: executive leadership acknowledges software’s importance to ensure that value is delivered. Ensuring that the software development process provides the expected value to the business is a crucial function of software quality and testing.
The World Quality Report gauges what organizations expect from the quality and test function yearly. Business assurance and ensuring end-user satisfaction were the most critical objectives this year.
Respondents were asked to identify the top three most important focus areas for bringing value to their organization. Brand image, reliability, and customer retention ranked highest.
The impact of the World Quality Report 2022-23 on the future of QA management
The World Quality Report provides insights, emerging trends, and quality management best practices. This information can inform decision-makers about how to improve processes and ensure product quality in the future. Additionally, by staying up-to-date with new technologies and approaches, organizations can ensure they remain at the cutting edge of quality management.
Download the full World Quality Report 2022-23
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE
A Software Tester’s Journey As a software tester, I’ve learned that our role extends beyond finding bugs. We are a crucial part of the development team, and our ability to engage positively with developers can significantly impact the success of a project. I learned this…
Testers hide in the shadows. In the silent corners of our tech communities, we testers tend to lurk, our voices often drowned out by the cacophony of developers, project managers, and other louder roles. We’ve allowed ourselves to be painted into a corner, overshadowed by…