How to choose the right Outsourcing Team for Staff Augmentation
With the integration of global markets and consumer demands increasing across industries, companies have resorted to outsourcing. Outsourcing refers to the act of a company transferring some of its business to a third party. This can happen with marketing departments, customer service processes, and even other business processes such as accounting.
While outsourcing happens within a country’s borders, it’s not unheard of for companies to distribute the workload across the globe— this is called offshoring. There are thousands of companies worldwide that solely deal with offshoring, with a large number of them being established in developing countries. For example, India is known for the possibility of offshoring IT and software services offshoring. At the same time, the Dominican Republic has many companies tending to customer service and conflict resolution departments for companies such as Samsung, just to name one.
Outsourcing and offshoring have become a big part of the business world, especially for companies without the capital or physical resources to handle certain aspects of doing business. Companies no longer have to do everything on their own and can, at the same time, enjoy the benefits of outsourcing their work. Some outsourcing benefits include:
- Lower operating costs: businesses won’t have to allocate resources to form nor maintain separate departments, lowering the cost of payroll and even infrastructure if a bigger space is necessary to house those departments. If businesses participate in offshoring, they can also get the same quality of work at a lower price.
- More time spent focusing on the actual business: outsourcing companies are experts in certain areas. When a business outsources the most complex aspect of the job, the internal employees can dedicate more time to regular business dealings.
- Increased productivity: due to outsourcing companies’ expertise, they can focus on one specific business area, allowing for higher productivity levels in a shorter period.
Now, having laid out some of the benefits of outsourcing, it’s important to know how to choose the right outsourcing partner. It can be difficult due to the number of available options in the market. Still, some questions to consider before embarking on finding an outsourcing partner are the following:
1. What part of my business do I need to outsource?
Whether it’s marketing, customer service, or even software development, the reason for outsourcing needs to be clear.
2. What’s the outsourcing partner’s background?
Considering the company’s experience and track record when considering outsourcing is important. Your outsourcing partner’s reputation will ultimately impact your company.
3. What timezone is the company based in?
As mentioned earlier, outsourcing companies exist all over the world. Finding a qualified enterprise in your continent or country won’t be difficult, though you could also consider offshoring so that the work is done while you sleep.
4. How does the work culture impact my company?
Considering offshoring, it’s important to remember that geographical differences extend to how a company’s culture is established. Your outsourcing partner must understand and adapt to your company’s work ethic and vice versa.
5. What size is the outsourcing team?
While it could be thought that a bigger team means more work being done in less time, a big outsource team may not be helpful in the long run. Smaller-sized outsourcing teams are more likely to dedicate their full attention to your project, delivering better, more appropriate results tailored to your specific needs.
Outsourcing teams is the way to go when working remotely, reducing costs, keeping productivity levels up, and managing your business with a global outlook. At TechAID, we offer fully integrated distributed teams ready to help your company reach its goals.
Get in touch with us!
Author: Maria Tejeda
Business Developer at TechAID
LinkedIn: Maria Tejeda
How to Hire an Offshore QA TeamBy Maria Tejeda
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE
Why Latin America is the Ultimate Destination for IT Staff Augmentation
IT Staff Augmentation As global competition in the tech industry continues to rise, companies are constantly seeking innovative solutions to augment their teams with top-notch talent. One proven strategy is staff augmentation, which involves contracting skilled professionals to address specific project requirements, often on a…
How to Transition into a Remote Team in 6 months
How to Transition into a Remote Team in 6 months One of a company’s biggest challenges is transitioning from a traditional office into a remote team. It must invest a lot in planning to help employees adapt to the new way of working and avoid…